I am woman with a very pronounced widow’s peak with the sides of my head and temple areas located very high up. I would like to fill these areas with hair. How is this best done?

A hair restoration procedure done in a female with receding corners and temple areas would be done in the same manner that would be done in a male hair restoration procedure.

That type of hair loss is more commonly associated with male pattern baldness; however, we do see this male pattern loss on occasion in females. Their surgeries are performed in a similar fashion as would be in a man with that same type of hair loss.

The procedure could be done with either strip-type follicular unit transplantation or Follicular Unit Excision (FUE) procedures. The hair follicles (grafts) are taken from the donor area and used to recreate the hair line and temple areas for that patient.

Posted by: Dr. Charles